This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Lack of Cygwin contributors? Was: How is textmode/binmodedetermined ...
- To: simon dot p dot cozens at jp dot pwcglobal dot com
- Subject: Re: Lack of Cygwin contributors? Was: How is textmode/binmodedetermined ...
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 02:01:59 -0400
- CC: Cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <CA2568D2.000916AF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > If you were advocating that Cygwin be made 100% GPL and that Cygnus
> > *never* charge for a proprietary license, I think I could understand
> > this argument. That's not what you want, though.
> That's what I'd want, or something similar. In fact, I thought that was
> already the case, as I didn't realise that RedHat would do something
> like this. Blegh, that changes things. Yeah, the current licensing
> conditions would stop me from helping; there are free software projects
> I could be giving my time to instead.
I don't understand. Why? How would you, personally, benefit from us
not offering a proprietary-use license?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com