This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Tips oin getting Cygwin 1.1.0 onn your computer without using setup to contact the FTP
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Tips oin getting Cygwin 1.1.0 onn your computer without using setup to contact the FTP
- From: René Mühlstein <rmu at norcom dot de>
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:30:42 +0200
- Disposition-Notification-To: René Mühlstein <email@example.com>
- Organization: NorCom
> All that you need to do is download the non-src .tar.gz files into a
> temporary, empty directory. You may be able to do a wildcard download
> to accomplish this. Download 'setup.exe' there. Run setup.exe. When
> it asks if you want to install from the internet (i) or the current
> directory (d), specify 'd'. That's it!
This doesn't work for me on my German NT 4.0 SP 6a. The installation
process works fine. But when I start the cygwin bash und enter a
command like "ls" the system hangs. I have to replace the cygwin1.dll
in the bin directory with the one which is included in the setup.exe
(v1.32) manually. Then the problem is disappeared.
Another bug: uninst.bat doesn't delete the Start Menu entries on a
German NT. The directory is named "Startmenü" there (with an German
umlaut) but the uninst.bat file contains a wrong character instead
of the "ü".
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org