This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
system call crashes
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: system call crashes
- From: Dmitri Kondrashov <dkondras at atmos dot ucla dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:50:56 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: Dmitri Kondrashov <dkondras at atmos dot ucla dot edu>
This problem has been already reported for B20.1, but I didn't find any
solutions in the archives. The C program which uses system calls to launch
another application in the background always gives you "illegal operation"
message, i.e. for system("plot &") where plot.exe is another executable. In
fact, both applications seem to work fine despite the warning, once you close
the message window. However the user gets it every time system call is issued,
and it is quite annoying to close it many times.
I hope someone knows workaround this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have Windows-95, gcc-2.95.2, and cygwin B20.1.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com