This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CVS remote (ext) using SSH hangs
- To: "Cygwin at Sourceware dot Cygnus. Com" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: CVS remote (ext) using SSH hangs
- From: "Elliot Mednick" <elliot at lexra dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:06:34 -0400
- Reply-To: <elliot at lexra dot com>
When I use CVS with rsh (client on Cygwin, server on a Sun workstation) and
use SSH instead of rsh, CVS hangs at the end of the session. I had this
problem with b20 and I still have the problem with 1.1.0.
It appears that SSH just doesn't exit and CVS is hung waiting for SSH to
exit. I hacked CVS to not wait for SSH to exit, and now it doesn't hang,
but I end up with a bunch of orphaned SSH processes.
SSH does not hang when I use it from the command line and using CVS with rsh
does not cause a hang.
Elliot Mednick 51 Sawyer Rd, Suite 110
Processor Architect Waltham, MA. 02453
Lexra, Inc. (781) 899-5799 x805
email@example.com (781) 899-5769 fax
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org