This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: net release setup.exe
- To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
- Subject: Re: net release setup.exe
- From: "John A. Turner" <john dot turner at pobox dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:22:04 -0400
- CC: Daniel Glassey <danglassey at hotmail dot com>, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Setup.exe is a non-cygwin program working with cygwin. Having tty set on when
> communicating between cygwin and non-cygwin programs has always been a cause
> for problems.
> > after removing the environment variable it works ok.
> See I told you. ;^) Where do/did you have the CYGWIN environment variable
> defined? AFAIK, setup.exe is meant to be run from the DOS command prompt.
wait, does this mean that CYGWIN shouldn't be set in autoexec.bat? I've
certainly never heard that
and I prefer setting lots of env vars there, even on Win2k (and NT before
that), since I prefer editing a file to using the GUI to set env vars
if that's really the case, it's certainly a candidate for the docs - I just
took another quick look, and didn't see anything about not setting CYGWIN (or
other env vars) in autoexec.bat
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com