Re: Mirosoft Interix contains Cygwin

Peter Ring wrote:
> [...]
> I bought the Microsoft Interix 2.2.5 distribution ($99, seems that
> Cygnus has set the price level!) partly out of curiousity, and partly to
> get an inetd (telnetd etc.) integrated with Windows NT's user
> administration.

Just for clarification:

The login(1) that is called by telnetd for user authentication
is ported to cygwin by Sergy Okhapkin long ago. It uses
NT user database and the users NT passwords already for a long
period of time. If you bought the Cygwin 1.0 CD or if you are
using newer snapshots you would already have the ability to work
with a strong relation between Cygwin users (in /etc/passwd) and
NT users. In my ftp porters directory

ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Vinschen_Corinna/B22

(will be renamed to "1.1" as soon as the net release is published)
you can find another login(1). That one contains Sergeys patches
and a new patch that enables NT user authentification in multi
domain environments as well.

Corinna