This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems with g++ 2.95.2 and w32api 0.1.5
- To: Kris Thielemans <kris dot thielemans at csc dot mrc dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: problems with g++ 2.95.2 and w32api 0.1.5
- From: Mumit Khan <khan at NanoTech dot Wisc dot EDU>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:36:56 -0600 (CST)
- cc: Gnuwin <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Reply-To: Mumit Khan <khan at NanoTech dot Wisc dot EDU>
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Kris Thielemans wrote:
> The following 'do nothing' programme crashes when including <windows.h>
> (using Norlander's w32api 0.1.5).
> #include <string>
> #include <vector>
> class A
> vector<int> v;
> A(vector<int>& vv) :
> #include <windows.h>
> string a = "aa";
This is a bug the surfaced after some attribute handling changes in gcc
2.95 (wasn't there in egcs-1.1.x), and I just haven't been able to crack
it. If you want to know what's going on, see:
Linkname: (C++) parser bug in handling fn attributes
Contains a much simplified testcase that demonstrates the same bug you
found. This one is damned frustrating.
I have no fix for it currently, sorry.
As a workaround, try moving the windows.h before string.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org