This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Make question
- To: manus at eiffel dot com
- Subject: Re: Make question
- From: Steve Kelem <kelem at adaptivesilicon dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:15:40 -0800
- CC: cygwin users <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Adaptive Silicon, Inc.
- References: <NBBBLJDKHPIDCALEEHBCEEOPDHAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
You need to include the line
so that make knows about this new suffix.
Emmanuel STAPF wrote:
> In my makefile, I have the following statement:
> $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $<
> and I'm using my makefile to generate a `file.obj' from a `file.c' which
> will be using to create a `library.lib' file.
> However, make fails with the following output:
> make: *** No rule to make target `file.obj', needed by `library.lib'. Stop.
> Is there something special to do to allow my implicit rule.
> Thanks in advance,
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
org:Adaptive Silicon, Inc.
adr:;;985 University Ave., Suite 31;Los Gatos;CA;95032-7639;U.S.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org