This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin on a Share...?
- To: "Masterson, David" <David dot Masterson at kla-tencor dot com>, "'cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com'" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Cygwin on a Share...?
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:11:18 -0800 (PST)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- "Masterson, David" <David.Masterson@kla-tencor.com> wrote:
> Has anyone setup Cygwin so that it resides on an NT share that all NT's in
> their domain can access and use it from? By this, I mean that Cygwin would
> physically reside on and run from this central NT rather than having
> everyone download and (possibly wrongly) install Cygwin on their local
> systems. This is the NFS model from UNIX and makes things much easier to
> administer and upgrade. Anyone have a step-by-step?
This should work; but, would be slow for anything serious. Each
workstation/user would have it's own copy of the mounted directories so you
should export a registry to be uploaded on the client machines.
Let us know how it goes.
Earnie Boyd <mailto:email@example.com>
Cygwin Newbies, please visit
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org