This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Redhat, Cygwin, Just curious...
- To: john at thinman dot com
- Subject: Re: Redhat, Cygwin, Just curious...
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 19:38:56 -0500
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 02:06:35PM -0800, John van V. wrote:
>>-Cygwin Programming Manager
>What is the naming convention since cygnus got loaded in redhat?
>My guess was to see cygnus stay under its own banner in a near-pure
>science mode, whereas redhat is really more into integration.... but
>then bell-labs got siphoned directly into lucent. Not that it really
I'm sure that I can't officially speak for Red Hat (btw, notice that it
is two words, both capitalized) but AFAIK your guess is not correct.
I'm a Red Hat employee now, not a Cygnus employee. Cygnus employees
will pretty much continue to do what it did only moreso and under the
Red Hat banner.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com