This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH 1 Server and the Passwd file
- To: john at thinman dot com
- Subject: Re: SSH 1 Server and the Passwd file
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:03:17 -0500
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 08:04:37AM -0800, John van V. wrote:
>I foolishly tried to make crypts w/ perl ( perl -e 'print -e ( "secretpasswd",
>But is that such a bad idea ??
>Ok, confession time, I am ~not~ a c programmer, though I wish I were.
>Would it be easy just to revert to the un/linix format ??, especially when the
>cygwin docs pretty well dont want you to allow cygwin to be multi-user if
>security in involved ??
It's certainly possible to do. If you're asking if this will magically appear
in a future release, the answer is probably no, unless you can find somebody
willing to invest time in doing this.
-Cygwin Programming Manager
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com