This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can ld combine multiple object files into one?
- To: Noel L Yap <yap_noel at jpmorgan dot com>
- Subject: Re: Can ld combine multiple object files into one?
- From: Mumit Khan <khan at NanoTech dot Wisc dot EDU>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:14:12 -0600 (CST)
- cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Noel L Yap wrote:
> The Solaris ld command has an option to combine multiple object files (ie .o
> files) into one. Does the gnu ld have a similar option? The reason we want to
> do this is to hide certain information -- combining multiple object files using
> ar will not do.
See ld documentation for relocatable link -- it's the same '-r' option for
C code, but you need to use '-Ur' for C++ code so that global constructors
and destructors are handled properly.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com