This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin poll
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Subject: Re: cygwin poll
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:19:40 -0500
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200001080133.UAA11793@envy.delorie.com>
On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 08:33:52PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>OK, time to let the voice of the people be heard!
>It turns out that there may be a way to support "reserved" names (at
>least on NT) as regular files (i.e. you could have "/usr/bin/com1" as
>a regular file). However, the choice to do so is controvertial, as
>we'd be creating files that regular Windows tools can't deal with the
>So, I created a poll. Please visit the poll page and vote for
Just a minor note of clarification: We do still plan on making it
possible to access files using the regular "MS-DOS" method but it
will be controlled via a CYGWIN option.
So, the question is really whether this should be the default option.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com