This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin size-limitations
- To: "Chilleck, Joachim" <J dot Chilleck at hzd dot hessen dot de>
- Subject: Re: Cygwin size-limitations
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna at vinschen dot de>
- Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 18:26:11 +0100
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <91AD4D8576DBD211B4340800060D955F10CB9F@sv-berta.hzd.hessen.de>
"Chilleck, Joachim" wrote:
> running Cygwin32 B19 under Windows NT 4.0 SP4.
> I have problems with (dump-)files > 4GB and Cygwin while NT seems to have no
> problems with this files.
> "ls -l" shows the following resulut (instead of real size 4.302.350.336):
> -rw-r--r-- 1 544 everyone 7383040 Dec 28 00:22
The size limit is regarding to the fact that size and positional
calculations are based on 32bit ints. You should be able to read
such files in sequential order and seek to any position < 2^32.
If this is not enough you will have to use Win32-API calls for now.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org