Re: compilation problems

In a message dated 10/14/99 7:54:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ct@rmorton.com
writes:

> I ftp my source&makefiles from Unix to my Win PC.  The ftp program does a
>  converion on the text files to make them compatible with DOS (which means
>  changing a cr to a cr+lf).  [someone please correct me

You are entitled to choose binary mode, which will leave the files as they
are on Unix, which is less confusing to me, and works fine with gnu compilers
(and many others) under cygwin.  That's with \n (lf) line separators.  Mac
files are the ones with just \r (cr) separators.  The PFE editor, for one,
gives you the choice whether to save a file with \r\n separators, or just \n.