This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Scrollable DOS Box under Win95/98
- To: fieldhouse at logica dot com (Dirk Fieldhouse)
- Subject: Re: Scrollable DOS Box under Win95/98
- From: Paul Sokolovsky <paul-ml at is dot lg dot ua>
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:11:00 +0300
- CC: "Garrett Sylvester" <gsylvester at gdats dot com>, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <199910131623.RAA12031@cav.logica.co.uk>
- Reply-To: Paul Sokolovsky <paul-ml at is dot lg dot ua>
Dirk Fieldhouse <email@example.com> wrote:
DF> On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:12:06 -0400, "Garrett Sylvester" <gsylvester at gdats dot com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to get a scrollable screen (DOS box) whose buffer has more
>> than 50 lines when I run the Cygnus BASH shell and utilities under WIn 95
>> or 98? I've looked all over for some way to do this, but no joy. (I know
>> you can do it with NT.)
DF> This is a limitation of the 'console subsystem', such as it is, in W9x (conagent, winoa386, etc), so even using the W95 version of cmd.exe doesn't help. You could possibly rewrite it - rather you
DF> than me. However, search the archives for references to rxvt which might give you what you want for Cygwin purposes.
works for both fullscreen shell I use (FAR) and cygwin's bash.
It doesn't work for command.com but probably just because it's
dos app, not win32.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org