RE: gcc build error--configuration problem?

Thanks. That sounds right.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mumit Khan [mailto:khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, 29 July 1999 2:32 pm
To: Josh Baudhuin
Cc: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcc build error--configuration problem?

"Josh Baudhuin" <joshb@Cadence.COM> writes:

> I just installed the 'full' binary release of 20.1. Then I tried to build
> cvs-1.10 using the tar from the net.
>
> The 'configure' script seemed to run w/o a hitch, but when I build, I get
> compile error when it comes to src/rcs.c:

[ ... ]

> gcc  -I. -I.. -I. -I../lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O -c rcs.c
> rcs.c: In function `apply_rcs_changes':
> rcs.c:6994: parse error before `('
> make[1]: *** [rcs.o] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 1

[ ... ]

> Seems like there must be a macro in there for ADD or DELETE. Is the
> configuration wrong? Do I need to do more to set up the build environment
> than the simple install of full.exe? [Doesn't seem to be a CDK install
> anymore.]

The windows32api headers define a DELETE macro, which is obviously not
what RCS expects.

You may need to insert a #undef DELETE after the appropriate to nullify
the windows one and use RCS one.

Damn these namespace polluting macros in system headers.

My preference of course is to change the RCS macros/enums to use RCS_
prefix and be done with it.

Regards,
Mumit