Re: Cygwin32 Win32 --> Linux cross compiler

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 Reyaldo.SORIANO@st.com wrote:

>      Sorry to bug you once again, but I'm still having trouble building
>      cross compilers on cygwin for <whatever>...It seems that when I build
>      the binutils that it creates /usr/local/<machine type> to put the
>      cross binutils into but when I try to build gcc or egcs, the make
>      fails because it can't find crt0.o or crt1.o in the
>      /usr/local/<machine type>/include directory.
>      Any insight to offer?

As I've said in the past, there's quite a bit of learning/discovery
to be done before doing the first successful cross-compiler. You
have to understand how the compiler looks in the variuos places for
includes, libraries and startup files.

You need to install Linux headers, startup files and libraries before
anything can be linked successfully.

Please take this to crossgcc (you have the URL from previous message),
it's much more relevant there. There's been on-going discussion there
on how to do exactly what you're trying to do, and it might help to
look through the archives and getting in touch with the person who
has done this successfully (if any).

Regards,
Mumit