This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: B20.1: bash freeze-up on Windows NT 4 Workstation
- To: Michael Fonte <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: B20.1: bash freeze-up on Windows NT 4 Workstation
- From: "R. Hickling" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:45:34 +0200
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
> I have noticed somewhat similar behavior (Win NT 4.04). cd does not
> freeze it just is very very slow sometimes, especially when changing to a
> top level directory 'cd e:/'. It is fast at first and then gets slower and
> slower as I use the bash shell. Also getting a list from another directory
> 'ls c:/mystuff' can also take a long time (10 to 20 seconds). These files
> and directories are local to the machine and the machine is not bogged down
> at the time.
Yes, strange - especially since 'cd //e' and 'ls //c/mystuff' are both fast.
What is trying to be resolved?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org