This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
RE: HELP! - Please
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Stewart, Wayne" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: HELP! - Please
- From: "Stewart, Wayne" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:22:57 -0700
- Cc: cygwin users <email@example.com>
> > I would prefer to use /... (text!=binary) most of the time and
> > cd to /cb/... (text=binary) when for example I want the 'cmp'
> > command to compare both binary files in their entirety.
> > Are you saying 'cmp' was not properly ported?
> If you have problems using cmp on binary files then yes it
> wasn't properly
> ported. The processing mode for cmp should always be binary
> mode so just set
> it that way in the source and it will always work.
I checked and it looks like the 'cmp' bug I referred to was
fixed in the source code on July 1998. I'm not sure what release
of cygwin it showed up in, but it's good to know I won't have to
work around that one anymore.
Sun Jul 5 19:20:00 1998 Christopher Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* configure.in: Add check for setmode so cygwin32 stuff
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com