This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: Afterstep avec X11R6.4 B20
- To: Cygnus <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Afterstep avec X11R6.4 B20
- From: Sebastien Carpe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:26:33 +0200
- CC: Aziz ABOUCHI <email@example.com>
- References: <371C7F3A.477657A2@vocatex.fr>
Aziz ABOUCHI wrote:
> Afterstep avec X11R6.4 B20, est ce que quelcun y arrive ???
1) you should ask your questions in english, since most of this list readers
are not, IMHO, speaking french....
2) I haven't tried Afterstep, but i do have compiled fvwm2 for cygwin B20,
quite easily (got a few problems related to xpm path, but nothing related to
cygwin). Since Afterstep, as far as i know, is a derivative from fvwm, it
should be possible to compile it. Yet, be aware that only X windows will be
managed by afterstep, and no WIN32 native windows : this is especially annoying
with sloppy focus : underlying X windows can steal the focus from upper WIN32
windows, and that also means that WIN32 won't obey Virtual desktop commands. If
you need a full appliance for Afterstep on your desktop, give a try to litestep
(WIN32 native derivative from Afterstep). See http://www.litestep.net for more
Have a nice day,
Seb (french speaking, if you need to contact me)
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org