This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: A few questions.
- To: "Sven Wastlund" <Sven.Wastlund@epkadm.epk.ericsson.se>
- Subject: Re: A few questions.
- From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:44:09 -0400
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <199904081152.NAA08021@epkws1038.epk.ericsson.se>
> I am porting a program from UNIX to NT.
> 1. When I try to link with libc.a I get multiple defenitions of 'environ' and '_impure_ptr', one defined in libc.a and the other in libcygwin.a. Does anybody know what to do?
> Does libc.a use libcygwin.a ?
Do not use libc.a They are already in libcygwin.a.
> 2. Which cygwin library should I use when working with sockets, I meen when you port a program from UNIX to NT that uses sockets.
but AF_UNIX sockets are not supported.
> 3. Has anybody ported a program from UNIX that uses RPC, and if so what package did you use?
Yes, I had compiled a few packages which use ONC-RPC/XDR.
You will need
and http://www.ipass.net/~ssiddiqi, if you are calling XDR routines from Fortran
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org