This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: Better console for Win95
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Better console for Win95
- From: Benjamin Riefenstahl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 18:50:46 +0100
- Organization: Crocodial Communications EntwicklungsGmbH
- References: <67AAEB9F4346D1118C9D00805FF4EAEE8A415E@S_2_KISTA> <email@example.com> <3703E0C9.FE470C78@ece.gatech.edu>
Charles Wilson wrote:
> ... It seems that Win95- command.com and WinNT-
> cmd.exe are much like traditional unix shells. They need a window provided
> by a different program in which to operate -- just like you run bash in an
> xterm or rxvt window. So, does anybody have a clue as to what program
> provides the terminal window for cmd.exe / command.com under Win95?
You may want to have a look at TakeCommand
(http://www.jpsoft.com/tcmddes.htm) which promises to do that. Haven't
tried it myself though.
Benjamin Riefenstahl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Crocodial Communications EntwicklungsGmbH
Ruhrstr. 61, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com