Re: Cross Compiling ...

mxs <mxs2099@gmx.net> writes:
> Hi everyone ...
>
> Just wondering : Is it possible to cross compile from cygwin32 to mips ?
> What packages would I need to install for that, if possible ? Does egcs do
> that or would it be better to use gcc ? (It would be my first cross
> compile, so please bear with me if I make any wrong assumptions here :)

What kind of mips machine (SGI/IRIX, DEC/Ultrix or OSF, Linux?)? You
should check with the crossgcc FAQ first to find out what you need to
copy over to the Cygwin machine (basically the entire runtime -- includes
and libraries) and what issues are involved. This is really not a Cygwin
issue, but rather a "cross build" issue.

See http://www.objsw.com for crossgcc FAQ and various other things.

If your MIPS target is supported, it's not that hard to do (after you've
done it a few hundred times, it's easy ;-).

Regards,
Mumit

-