This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl and bash
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Perl and bash
- From: pete at horus dot cix dot co dot uk (Pete Jordan)
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:25 +0100 (BST)
- Organization: Horus Communications Ltd
- Reply-To: pete at horus dot cix dot co dot uk
Robin Crampton <email@example.com> wrote:
> Running this program:
> #!/usr/local/perl/qub/perl -w
> print "Your name? ";
> $name = <STDIN>;
> chomp ($name);
> print "Welcome $name!\n";
> The third line doesn't block.
Known problem. Try adding "tty" to your CYGWIN32 environment variable.
Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/
"'Not twisted,' Salzy once said of her own passion, 'it is helical.
That sounds better.'"
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".