This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: converting .a files to .dll
- To: chj at lin dot foa dot se (Christian Joensson FOA 72)
- Subject: Re: converting .a files to .dll
- From: newsham at lava dot net (Tim Newsham)
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:29:59 -1000 (HST)
- Cc: pgarceau at teleport dot com, gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
> I'm not sure that you can convert .a archives to .dll libraries. Perhaps you
> could take a look at Colin Peters'
It's possible but there are some things you have to take care of
(for example, globals in .a's are treated differently than globals in
.dll's). There's an example Makefile for building dll's out of .a files
on the cygwin site. I also wrote a similar perl script which does the
same. Its not perfect, but its a good starting point.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".