This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Anybody Running GNU-Win32 on NT 5 ?
- To: Greg Humphreys <greg at ahpah dot com>
- Subject: Re: Anybody Running GNU-Win32 on NT 5 ?
- From: Andrew Sharp <andy at accrue dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:46:02 +0000
- CC: Alex Madarasz <madarasz at erols dot com>, gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Organization: Accrue Software
- References: <email@example.com>
Greg Humphreys wrote:
> Sure am. I've been running GNU-Win32 on NT 5 for about a month now, with no
> problems. However, NT 5 ate its partition table a couple of days ago,
> destroying itself *and* Linux simultaneously, so it's gone now.
> Word to the wise: don't try to write CD's on the NT 5 beta, unless your
> partition table isn't important to you :)
NT5 also ate my partition table, and I wasn't writing a CD or using
Goodbye linux, goodbye all my configuration work...hello install CD and
starting all over again. IMHO NT5 betas are not yet even ready for
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".