This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cp/mv/rm problems with .exe extension filenames
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: cp/mv/rm problems with .exe extension filenames
- From: pete at horus dot cix dot co dot uk (Pete Jordan)
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:29 +0100 (BST)
- Organization: Horus Communications Ltd
- Reply-To: pete at horus dot cix dot co dot uk
Steven Hein <email@example.com> wrote:
> cp vim /bin
> The command failed because the file 'vim' did not exist--it is vim.exe!
Depending on what version of GNUconf is being used, there may be a
configure option to set an executable suffix. --program-suffix=.exe is
what you're looking for.
Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/
"You know how that camel does it? He just closes one of his eyes and
flops back his ears and plunges right through. A camel is mighty
narrow when he closes one eye and flops back his ears. Besides, they
use a big-eyed needle in the act."
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".