This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cp/mv/rm problems with .exe extension filenames
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com, Steven Hein <ssh at cray dot com>
- Subject: Re: cp/mv/rm problems with .exe extension filenames
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 05:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
I've noticed that there is a push to have a suffix option within the
configure routines. I've also noticed that even though the configure
script provides for the option that the configure.in file hasn't been
modified to support it yet.
With the bash configure script this option is --program-suffix=SUFFIX
(and SUFFIX would be .exe). Just use the --help switch to see the
list of supported switches and search for suffix to determine if your
configure script has the option available. If the scripts aren't
fully compliant with this, I suggest that you make a fix and submit a
patch to the maintainer.
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".