This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
- To: john_r_velman at mail dot hac dot com
- Subject: Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at sigma6 dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:52:40 -0400
- CC: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- References: <0EXK001I256FBO@mail.hac.com>
That's an interesting option I hadn't considered. Disassociating the
Cygnus root from the Windows root need not affect the file system
hierarchy, except that normal Windows system directories (/winnt or
/windows) would not appear.
But the matter is orthogonal to the Cygnus filesystem hierarchy, which
can still use /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/share, etc.
> Hopefully, any approach to this, and distribution, will allow the Cygnus file
> system root ( / ) to be somewhere a tier or two below C:/ on the native file
> system. In my case, I'm using Cygwin for my own comfort and productivity, but
> the top level file system structure is supposed to be the same across my
> company. Thus, my / is at something like C:/DATA/<payrollnumber>/cygnus.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".