This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
building egcs for mingw32...
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: building egcs for mingw32...
- From: karipid at scotch dot mae dot cornell dot edu (Daniel Karipides)
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:37:18 -0400
I would like to request information on how to build an egcs snapshot
for a mingw32 target and host. I realize that binaries of the
releases are available to save me the trouble. For a variety of
reasons, I would like to be able to compile the compiler myself. So,
if you have successfully built egcs for mingw32 using nothing but
cygwin/mingw32 and have the time to give the some pointers, that would
be greatly appreciated.
>From reading this list and the egcs list, I assume that the following
(1) Run configure and make in a cygwin32/bash shell. This is for
symbolic links and other unix-like features needed by the egcs
(2) Use the following options for configure:
A direct question would be what other options are necessary?
Specifically, is there a need for:
(these are the only assmeblers and linkers, so is this assumed?)
I tried a build with a minimum of configure options and it died
in gcc/toplev.c. I'll leave deatils for the egcs list, but I think
this is the most apporpriate place to ask for starters.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".