This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
- To: pete at horus dot cix dot co dot uk
- Subject: Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
- From: David Fox <fox at cat dot nyu dot edu>
- Date: 12 Aug 1998 14:13:24 -0400
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- References: <memo.19980812004418.2213V@horus.horus.cix.co.uk>
email@example.com (Pete Jordan) writes:
> IMHO everyone /should/ have both /usr and /var (and /etc and
> /usr/local for that matter). A standard FS layout compatible with
> Unix/linux would be no bad thing...
There seem to be two types of GNU-win32 users. Those who are trying
to make a Windows system more Unixy, and those who are trying to make
Unix software work under Windows. For the latter, the closer the
file system stays to the windows standard the better, so that its
easier to distribute the completed port to regular windows users.
David Fox http://www.cat.nyu.edu/fox xoF divaD
UCSD HCI Lab firstname.lastname@example.org Bal ICH DSCU
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".