This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)
- To: Robert Read <rread at datarithm dot com>, Marcus Brown <Brown at sw dot mke dot etn dot com>
- Subject: RE: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)
- From: Marcus Brown <Brown at sw dot mke dot etn dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:49:44 -0500
- Cc: Robert dot Cross at scottish-newcastle dot co dot uk, gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
Well, I couldn't really say anything about the Debian tools since I've
never used the Debian distribution, only RedHat and Slackware. The rpm
port to cygwin32 that I have seen is solid, and works fine with source
rpms (haven't tried binary so don't quote me on this :). If there is a
better or more convenient way to package distributions I'd be glad to
take a look at it, rpm is the first thing that came to mind. A more
pressing issue would seem to be what would actually be included in this
Robert Read wrote:
What about the Debian .deb tools? I've never compared
the two side by
side, but Debian seemed have a better handle on package
also a better support for upgrades. The package
selection application was
a bit obtuse, though.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".