This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mounts, ls, and filename completion
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: mounts, ls, and filename completion
- From: pete at horus dot cix dot co dot uk (Pete Jordan)
- Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 19:14 +0100 (BST)
- Organization: Horus Communications Ltd
- Reply-To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
> a) directories that are mounted don't show up using an ls command,
> b) nor does bash do file name completion on them.
You need to create a directory with the same name as the mount /before/
mounting it. For example:
mount -b D:/ /foo
Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/
"There a few things that a committee can do well. There are very many
more things that a committee will always do badly. And killing a boar
is one of the things that no committee should ever try at all."
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".