This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ftp client corrupts binary files with ^m ??
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: ftp client corrupts binary files with ^m ??
- From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevq-ml at banana dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 09:00:20 +0100
- CC: Guido Roeskens <groeskens at bluewin dot ch>
Guido Roeskens [email@example.com] wrote:
> You have to change the transfer type to binary mode: Simply type
> "bin" as an abbreviation for "binary". You can check the transfer
> type set with "type" or with "status".
The ftp.exe I have (from Sergey's "remote" package, I think) assumes
binary mounts, and fails on transfer of binary files to text!=binary
mounts in this way, even if type "binary" has been specified.
Kevin F. Quinn
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".