This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sh.exe 'cd' doesn't understand '//<drive>/path' notation?
- To: "Robertson, Jason V" <jason dot v dot robertson at intel dot com>
- Subject: Re: sh.exe 'cd' doesn't understand '//<drive>/path' notation?
- From: Andrew Sharp <andy at accrue dot com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 00:48:14 +0000
- CC: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Organization: Accrue Software
- References: <7BEBE893ABDFD111AC3F00A0C96B159F5C5695@FMSMSX32>
Robertson, Jason V wrote:
> Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it looks like the 'cd' command
> in Cygnus b19.1 sh.exe doesn't support the //drive/path notation.
> Here's what I'm getting:
> $ cd //c/temp
> cd: lstat /c failed
don't know if it's a bug per se, but just use bash instead of sh and it
goes away. YMMV.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".