RE: cp -p

I find that 'cp -p' works correctly when copying to an NTFS file
system but not when copying to a FAT filesystem.  Also, 'cp -p'
within bash reported some errors until I created /etc/group and
/etc/passwd (there was something in the mailing list archives
about this).

I can't think of a reason 'cp -p' could not be made to work for
all filesystems.  Anyone disagree?

--John

-