Re: GNU setup?

Try linking to the windows 32 libraries, ie,

g++ -o winhello.exe winhello.cpp -luser32 -lgdi32

you DON'T link the kernel; add -Wl,--subsystem,windows to get rid of the
console window.  Apparently this can be done automatically by using the
-mwindows option, but I this hasn't worked for me (anyone have any input)?

You should be able to get it working -- I'm not far ahead of you here.
Good luck!

----------
> From: Joshua Weage <gte855f@prism.gatech.edu>
> To: Scott Warner <swarnerx3@acadia.net>
> Subject: Re: GNU setup?
> Date: Monday, November 03, 1997 9:23 AM
>
> 	Well..... not exactly.  I was trying to recompile the source code for an
> MPEG Layer 2 encoder, and it gave me some problems.  First, it couldn't
> find the file dos.h, so I commented it out just to see what would happen.

> Then I got the following error:

C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\i386-cygwin32\lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.t

-