This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Stat() call speed-up
- To: "'Gnu-win32'" <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Stat() call speed-up
- From: Sergey Okhapkin <sos at prospect dot com dot ru>
- Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 14:52:44 +0300
- Cc: "'Geoffrey Noer'" <noer at cygnus dot com>
- Encoding: 15 TEXT
Yes, my game with archive bit wasn't good. For a now a have a new patch
(with the same idea), but it uses Extended Attributes of files to save
"executable" and "symlink" flags. This patch works on NT only (both ntfs
and fat), and does nothing on Windows 95. If anybody are interesting in
this patch, I'll post it here.
BTW, EA can be used in cygwin.dll for some other purposes. To save case
sensitive names, for example :-)
Looking for a job
For help on using this list, send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".