This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Linker switches [ was: Re: API's that certainly do work. ]
- To: marcus at bighorn dot dr dot lucent dot com
- Subject: Re: Linker switches [ was: Re: API's that certainly do work. ]
- From: Geoffrey Noer <noer at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 00:04:44 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: colin at bird dot fu dot is dot saga-u dot ac dot jp, drs at inxpress dot net, gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com, noer at cygnus dot com (Geoffrey Noer)
> a file that terminates the .idata$4 and .idata$5 lists (for this DLL only)
> and a terminator for the entire descriptor list in .idata$3. The cygwin32
> strategy is slightly different, and they forgot the .idata$3 terminator, but
> it is similar.
The .idata3 terminator isn't automatically produced by any of the tools,
because it was hard to integrate this functionality into ld/dlltool
and/or because nobody has spent the time to do so.
Producing dlls is currently much more clumsy than I think it needs to be.
(I'd like to do away with dlltool entirely and have the functionality
included in ld but I don't know how practical this would be). Regardless,
the dll building process is something I think is important to improve.
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".