This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Commercial Licensing
- From: David Essex <dessex at widow dot aracnet dot net>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:38:22 -0500
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at cygnus dot com>
- References: <33392F1D.3A7@tid.es>
Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> wrote:
>BFD, gas, ld, the binutils, are all under the GPL
>and always have been. Any contributions you or anybody chooses to
>make will be made under the GPL, will require a copyright assignment
>to the Free Software Foundation, and will be included in future
>binutils net releases for anybody to use.
>The commercial licensing stuff applies only to the gnu win32 library
>itself, which is copyrighted by Cygnus. It does not apply to the
Commercial licensing ?
The cygnus gnu-win32 web page says that this is free software.
If win32 library is part of gnu why do you need a commercial license ?
Could some one expand on this ?
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".