This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pasting from clipboard in bash
- To: fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU
- Subject: Re: pasting from clipboard in bash
- From: Chet Ramey <chet at odin dot INS dot CWRU dot Edu>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:23:20 -0500
- Cc: chuck at hysteria dot spb dot ru, gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Read-Receipt-To: chet@po.CWRU.Edu
- Reply-To: chet at po dot cwru dot edu
> Chuck Bogorad, you wrote:
> > i've always wanted to be able to press insert and get first line from the
> > clipboard into command line. so here it is. i diff'd (diff -crb) a 'clean'
> > b17.1-bash source (no patches applied).
> > what it does - you now have one more function available for bindng -
> > 'paste-from-clipboard'. i mapped it to INSERT:
> > > bind '"\e[2~":paste-from-clipboard'
> You should send these changes to the bash maintainer.
He already has them.
``The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.'' - Chaucer
Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University Internet: chet@po.CWRU.Edu
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".