This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: DLLTOOL documentation?
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: RE: DLLTOOL documentation?
- From: "Gary Albert" <garya at fltdyn dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:19:46 -0800
- Organization: Flight Dynamics
- Reply-To: garya at fltdyn dot com
> Bruce James[SMTP:firstname.lastname@example.org] wrote:
> 2. What's the Gnu equivalent of Borland's IMPLIB for generating an import
> library from a DLL?
I have found that dlltool can do the equivalent of IMPLIB. Doing
"dlltool --help" gives just enough info to figure it out. All I've
had to do is:
dlltool --output-lib somedll.a --dllname somedll.dll
This will create the ".a" file for linking with ld. It can take quite
a while to run but it seems to work fine. I've used this method to
actually build a lib for X11 from an X11.dll file I found on the net
somewhere and it worked great.
For help on using this list, send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".