This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: RE: problems linking formats.
- To: "'chet at po dot cwru dot edu'" <chet at po dot cwru dot edu>
- Subject: RE: RE: problems linking formats.
- From: Dave Sanderman <davidsan at verity dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:26:55 -0800
- Cc: "gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com" <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
>> sets TESTVAR to simply "foo". on b17.1, i'm getting
> The latter value is correct. Since you don't have the version of bash
> that's running on netcom, it's possible that this was a bug fixed in
> a more current version of bash. Bash versions 1.14.6 and 1.14.7 get
> this right.
well, then something else is hosed in the gcc config process.
basically, config.sub (i think, my cygnus install is at home, so
i'm going a little from memory here) always returns
for all its calls in ./configure, so all the set TARGET=`config.sub` type
constructions set TARGET to the two-line entity. then, the TARGET
vars are substituted into sed scripts, causing stuff like
which sed (rightly?) barfs on. has anybody gotten this to work
with b17.1? was there another step that i missed?
For help on using this list, send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".