This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Nobody in the world understands Gnu's 'ld'.
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Nobody in the world understands Gnu's 'ld'.
- From: Jim Balter <jqb at netcom dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:44:30 -0800
- CC: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Organization: JQB Enterprises
- References: <m0w9QZx-000AK1C.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Stan Shebs wrote:
> It's very telling that with well over a thousand people
> on this mailing list, including many who are using gnu-win32 in their
> jobs, not one deems the problems sufficiently important to a) solve
You don't know that. I've fixed a lot of bugs in your stuff
that I'm not yet prepared to share. One of the things that stops me
is that I do not want someone else to incorporate my work into a
product that is sold under a restricted license, certainly not if I
have to sign away my rights to it.
> or b) pay Cygnus to solve for them.
I have repeatedly pointed out to people that if they want any sort of
response from you guys, they will probably need to buy a license.
As far as the comments about "no one undertands GNU ld",
what can one say other than that ignorance abounds?
<J Q B>
For help on using this list, send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".