This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: g77 compiled ?
- To: "Masahiro Kan, Home" <kanmasahiro at ppp01 dot infopepper dot or dot jp>
- Subject: Re: g77 compiled ?
- From: Mumit Khan <khan at xraylith dot wisc dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 13:05:58 -0600
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
"Masahiro Kan, Home" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> BTW, Mumit Khan announced the binaries of g77-0.5.20 for gnu-win32 b17.1
> at 16th March in this mailing list;
> I downloaded it and tested, but encountered the following message.
> I suppose gcc.exe which recognizes g77/f771 should be also included in the
> binary distribution.
> gcc : language f77 not recognized
> gcc : xxx.f: Fortran compiler not installed on this system
It's because my binary distribution is flawed from what others tell me.
1) I forgot to include modified gcc.exe
2) the pathnames don't jive with Cygnus directory hierarchy.
I really would prefer that g77 enthusiasts download my source patches
instead and build it from scratch. I simply don't have the resources
to support binary distribution that will realiably work under other's
If I get a bit of free time, I'll rebuild using the same pathname that
Cygnus uses and hopefully the binary distribution will work then.
Mumit -- email@example.com
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".