This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gunzip question
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: gunzip question
- From: Sheik <sheikyy at spartan dot pei dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 06:30:45 -0600 (CST)
- cc: Trey Jackson <trey at cs dot berkeley dot edu>
On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Jim Balter wrote:
> Trey Jackson wrote:
> > e.g. This is what I encounter:
> > C:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\bin>gunzip resume.txt.gz
> > GUNZIP.EXE: resume.txt.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
> Subtle. What command processor are you using? For some reason it is
> passing the command name as "GUNZIP.EXE" instead of "gunzip",
I have noticed this too, whats even odder still... run this puppy in
bash, and the problem goes away.
For help on using this list, send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".