This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash won't hand off to perl (reprise)
- To: Rick Rankin <rrankin at primenet dot com>
- Subject: Re: bash won't hand off to perl (reprise)
- From: JP Shipherd <jp at nuancecom dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 15:50:02 -0800
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
At 09:11 PM 3/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>However, the following still does not work:
>>%> /bin/sh perl-script.pl
>>In this case bash still tries to process the file as if it is a bourne
>This is not a bug; it is correct behavior. When you execute the command
>you are telling the shell to interpret the file "perl-script.pl" as a
>bourne shell script.
You're right, this is the same behaviour exhibited on solaris. However
that is exactly the command spawned by gnumake (if SHELL=/bin/sh). How
does it happen differently if executed in a makefile than executed from the
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".