This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: sockets on WinNT and UNIX
- To: Philippe dot Le-Parc at doelan-gw dot univ-brest dot fr
- Subject: RE: sockets on WinNT and UNIX
- From: dahms at ifk20 dot mach dot uni-karlsruhe dot de
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 02:31:40 +0100 (MET)
- CC: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com, dahms at ifk20 dot mach dot uni-karlsruhe dot de
Hi, you wrote:
: I have made two small programs : a client send a message on a socket and
: the server just respond.
: When I compile both program on Unix (of course with gcc) and I execute
: the two programs on Unix, it works.
: When I compile both program on WinNT (with gcc-cygnus-2.7.1-960712)
: and I execute the two programs on WinNT, it works.
: But when I tried to make a connection between the client on WinNT and
: the server on Unix, I have a "connection refused" message.
Sounds like the classic byteorder problem! You probably forgot htons() on
the port number, needed both on the client and server for portability.
Bye, Heribert (email@example.com)
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".