This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Stupid stupid question :/
- To: ismaelj at hotmail dot com (Ismael Jurado)
- Subject: Re: Stupid stupid question :/
- From: "A. Phillip Smith" <asmith at www dot aeinc dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:17:39 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
Linking applications with --Wl,subsystem,windows is easy, but
with the fork-exec problems, how do you spawn a child process ?
The system command works, but it triggers the pop-up window, I assume
there would have to be a windows version of bash built, since those
commands are run from a shell ...
CreateProcess does not seem to work from within a gnu-win32 application.
It compiles/links, but the program dies silently on execution. Any other
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".